Your garage doors are used hundreds, if not thousands of times every year. Of course, this will cause plenty of wear and tear. Over time, they’re likely to need maintenance and repair in order to keep working at their best. That’s why technicians recommend getting them serviced annually. When was the last time you got your garage doors checked out? If it was more than a year ago, read on to find out why you should book yourself in immediately.
9 Reasons You Need Annual Garage Door Service
Not sure if it’s worth spending money on an annual garage door service for you garage door? Here are 9 reasons why you’ll be much better off if you do:
1. Lubricating the Mechanism – In order to keep your garage door working as smoothly and as quietly as possible, the chain, rollers and other parts need to be lubricated. When garage doors aren’t looked after properly, they eventually become squeaky. It’s an irritating sound, especially at night. During your annual garage door service, everything will be checked and lubricated to eliminate any unwanted sound. This will also make it easier to open and close, as it won’t get stuck or jammed. This will extend the life of the parts within the mechanism, particularly the opener and the chain. As a result, everything will work as it should and you’ll save money on Calgary garage doors repairs.
2. Test Your Garage Door – It’s likely that you open and close your garage door every single day and know how well it works. However, it still needs to be tested by a professional. This is for both safety and efficiency. When you get your garage doors service, the balance of the doors will be tested to make sure it’s not liable to suddenly fall, which could cause serious injury or damage. It will also be tested to make sure the mechanism isn’t working harder than it needs to. In addition to that, adjusting the balance will make sure your door doesn’t open or close unevenly.
3. Avoid Costly Repairs – If you neglect your garage doors and fail to get them serviced, they will be more likely to break down in the future. In this instance, you’ll have to pay out for repairs and spare parts. Regular, annual maintenance allows you to avoid these unnecessary expenses. Small adjustments such as spring repair and opener repair will prevent bigger problems in the future. Paying the small fee of an annual garage door service means you won’t have to pay for expensive repairs further down the line.
4. Maintain Safety – Garage doors that aren’t properly maintained can cause serious injury. They can fall down onto a person or car, snag clothing or catch fingers. These incidents are usually caused by damaged springs or cables. They could also be caused by the misalignment of safety sensors, which can happen over time. These parts should be inspected and replaced by professionals to keep your garage doors as safe as possible. Don’t take the risk of causing harm to yourself or others in your home, get your garage doors looked at by a professional.
5. Extend the Life Span of Your Garage Door – Like any product, if your garage door is maintained and tuned-up, it will last longer. Damaged and worn parts can be replaced before they cause problems within the mechanism and have a domino effect. Your garage doors might be used as often as several times a day. During that time, there’s wear and tear occurring that you don’t see. Don’t wait until something breaks down and stops working to get it checked out. Spring repair and opener repair is part of the service, and will prevent any break downs. That way, you don’t have to worry about buying a replacement any time soon.
6. Get a Professional Opinion – To the untrained eye, it might seem as though your garage door is working perfectly fine, but this might not be the case. Trained technicians can spot problems that you won’t see. That’s why it’s important to call them out to have a look at your garage doors once a year.
7. Quality Service – It might be tempting to check and repair your garage doors yourself to save money. However, it’s not advisable. Professional technicians are trained in how to take care of all types of garage doors. They have the skills and knowledge to do the job to the highest standards. More importantly, they know how to do it safely. Attempting it yourself could be dangerous.
8. Replacing the Seal – Garage doors have seals or weather stripping around the edges. It functions to protect against weather, dirt and pests. Calgary gets very cold in the winter, and if your seal is worn out, it could let cold air in, which could result in increased energy bills to heat your home. It could also let pests like insects or rodents in. Seals that are bent or torn can cause jamming, too. Replacing the seal on your garage doors means you can avoid all of these problems.
9. Keep Your Garage Doors Clean – Dirt and debris can build in the mechanism of your garage doors. This can cause them to become less efficient and even get jammed. A technician will clear any blockages and clean the dirt out. This will keep your garage doors working smoothly as well as looking great.
Garage Doors Repairs in Calgary
Without regular maintenance, garage doors can become noisy, slow, and unsafe. Get yours checked out once a year to replace damaged parts, fix any wear and tear and keep them in tip top condition. If you need yours done quickly, don’t worry. We provide same day service and maintenance, so you don’t need to wait.